Friday, August 19, 2011

tired of new cameras

Last weekend at Alaska, my camera pretty much gave up. It sucked because I know I would have taken more and better pictures if it had kept working. It didn't travel well in my bag and the preview button became jammed into the case. It also started doing the zoom/shut-off twitch that it did at Bagby. I had a little extra time at work today so I searched for good camera reviews. I ended up deciding on the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H70. It was cheaper than my last camera and since I seem to go through them every few years, I thought cheaper was the better way to go. Ashes was headed to Jantzen Beach anyway and the Best Buy had one of these cameras in stock so I went ahead and bought it, while talking my way into all applicable on-line discounts.

This camera has a few features in it that my last one was missing, like good night shooting capabilities. Before my camera before my last one crapped out, I took some good night shots with it so I am happy to have that capability in my hands again. Plus it can do panoramic photos. I'm thinking of investing in the $50 2 year insurance plan which covers everything but submersion since I know how brutal I can be to cameras, especially when I take them with me wherever I go.

No comments: