Thursday, August 25, 2011

tasting the rainbow

Today I ate a f'ing unicorn. I love Portland.

There's a vegan cart here that not only serves fake meat but they serve the fake meat of fake animals. They have a fake unicorn, mock loch ness monster and faux BBQ griffin. The beauty of this is that you can put together an outstanding flavor combination without having to try to make it bear a resemblance to an actual animal. It can just taste good and not necessarily like chicken.

I was satisfied with the unicorn. It wasn't what I was expecting but then again, I was expecting something utterly bizarre like deep-fried skittles mixed with pop-rocks. Maybe THAT'S what unicorn tastes like...

What else?
Truth be told, I back-date all of these entries unless I'm really on top of my game. Right now, I'm about two weeks behind and it's been a pretty important (but busy) two weeks so I want to post but it may take me a bit. I'm also going to skip the mundane days. Yesterday (Wednesday 8/24/11) was nice but I don't have a good pic so I'll just write that I went to the Sapphire Bar for the first time because it's supposed to be romantic. It wasn't but Andrew and I still had a good date. We're thinking of going camping together soon. Fancy that...

No comments: