Friday, August 26, 2011

the day I fell out of love with my job

At my work, they just fired my best friend. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.

There was always a plan for him and me to take over eventually. Ever since I've known him, we've both worked for the same company, in different stores and different departments at times but we've both been there, working for the same 'man.' Now, I don't know if I can be there anymore. I don't even know if I'm wanted there anymore. I don't know for sure why they fired him so I don't know if they'll come for me next. Maybe I'm hoping they will.

At any rate, my new thing today was cleaning out my desk at work. I'm not quitting right now but I do want to be prepared. Right after they told us all he was fired (at 3:15pm on a Friday), they continued to say that we're all expendable and the company will go on without us. Wow, thanks.

No comments: