Tuesday, August 23, 2011

go wildcats

Every other year, I arrange a big tour of work clients to PGE park or, as it is now named, Jeld-Wen Stadium. Since we went pro, tours are a little more difficult to arrange but I was persistent and the tour department at the stadium was kind enough to give us the school rate since we are a non-profit. A lot of the clients said they enjoyed it but reallly, the tour was for Ashes and me. We were like kids at Disneyland when we saw the players practicing and Coach Spencer!

It was a lot of fun for everyone though, especially since we took the work bus. We have a relatively new short-bus, similar to the Tri-Met lift buses for work usage. One of my clients is in a wheelchair and I typically can't transport her myself since our other vehicles aren't equipped to handle a wheelchair. However, we took the bus out for the first time and she was able to participate without feeling like an outsider or an exception.

My other favorite part of the tour was when our tour guide said he was a Beavers fan. One of the clients promptly puffs up his chest and says, "Well, I'm a Ducks fan." Then, another new client says, "I like the Wildcats." The tour guide asked who the wildcats are and the client turned around and showed the guide his backpack which was cute, pink and black and from High School Musical. Too damn adorable!

What else?
I started another alias tonight. I think I just have too much time on my hands. I'm not going to promote it here and it's primarily used for a social-networking site. It's mainly a venue for me to express my creativity elsewhere.

No comments: