Saturday, August 13, 2011

the waterfall wedding

I'm so damned proud of this photo!
I was expecting a typical family wedding when I originally decided to come up to Alaska for my cousin Kelsey's wedding. Kelsey has always been less traditional than most of the the other cousins that have gotten married but I figured it would an outdoor wedding but otherwise it would be by-the-book. Well, today I found myself in a bus-limo, being driven out to a waterfall outside Anchorage, drinking champagne with four other gay guys and their supportive family. How f***ing fabulous is that?
A half-brother of the groom and a cousin of the groom are both gay and partnered and pretty awesome. The parents, grandparents and siblings are all really supportive too which made me feel super comfortable too. I just loved it all. Plus the ceremony was simple and sweet and under two minutes.

What else?
My aunt, my cousin, my parents and I all went outside Anchorage to see some sights and some salmon. I was a little disappointed by the lack of wildlife around but I did get to see some salmon.

No comments: