Saturday, August 27, 2011

dancing my blues away

A while ago at work, we had a class on the grieving process. During this class, the idea was put forth that grieving wasn't just reserved for death but also for loss. This could mean loss of a friendship, house or job, etc. I think that's what I've been going through. My friend's firing at work was sudden, like a death and it totally rocked my world, like a death would. Looking at it from that perspective helps me understand my emotions but I also realize that it isn't a death and it doesn't have to be an ending but it could be a beginning. He's an awesomely smart and charismatic guy and I'm sure that he'll end up finding a job that pays more.
While it did shake up my future plans at work, it also presented me with opportunities. I was willing to stay at the company for an indefinite amount of time because he was there too. However, with him gone, I'm free to go when my obligation with schooling is done. My work closed a door for me so now I'm bailing out the window.

I did call my boss this morning to make sure that she knows I'm not quitting. I love my clients and I would hate to not get to see them anymore. I'm not happy with the agency but that doesn't change the fact that I'd still do everything and anything to help the clients.

What else?
Since my future plans at work have changed, I felt more comfortable with letting loose with some of my co-workers. Tonight, I met two of them at Blowpony and we danced a whole lot. I got more drinks spilled on me than ever before and my co-worker Erin pulled me up on stage at Blowpony for the first time. I really don't remember any of the songs that we danced to but I know that I enjoyed myself.

No comments: