Friday, January 7, 2011

tea party time

I went back to Tao of Tea today.  The only time I go there is a going-away party for co-workers.  Unfortunately, my visits have been frequent.  It does give me an opportunity to try their many different kinds of tea.  I had a raspberry kind today under their healthy teas sections.  However, I also finished a half of a pot of the Cranberry Orange that a co-worker got because it was so much better than mine.  Maybe I'll have to head back here when I'm not saying goodbye to someone.

Speaking of saying goodbye, I could have sworn I saw a former co-worker from my retail days in a car on 39th and Hawthorne as I waited for my bus.  This co-worker, Joe, was one of my first friends in Portland and the first person I came out to.  He's outspoken, a bad drunk and terribly offensive and I miss the hell out of him.  We fell out of touch and then he moved but I think of him whenever I watch Superbad.  I need to stop falling out of touch with people.

What else?
I had a nice evening as I went to Zach's and got a Dylan Dog (cream cheese, onion, tomato and a veggie dog).  While we ate and talked, LCD Soundsystem's Dance Yrself Clean played in the background. It was a good atmosphere.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute picture! At the antique mall near my house they have a bunch of those cards you can buy, both with puppies and kittens. And I've really been getting into LCD Soundsystem -- got all their CDs through the library.