Saturday, January 8, 2011

impossible, sir. it's in johnson's underwear

Today, I got the chance to see one of my all-time favorite movies in the theater.  That pretty much ruled!

I remember living in Yankton, South Dakota when I was in fourth grade.  Breakfast Club was playing on HBO in our basement.  That was my first time experiencing it.  Since then, it has become an ideal.  In fifth grade, I had to take detention because I got a D in Religion (I went to Catholic School).  I remember feeling like I had accomplished something because I was going to be one of those misfits who got into wacky adventures and ended up pairing off at the end (please don't let me be Brian, please don't let me be Brian).  However, I ended up copying text out of an encyclopedia while an angry nun stood watch over us.  It wasn't all it was hyped up to be.
Nevertheless, my love for the Breakfast Club did not diminish.  I can still recite it verbatim and I can do the Molly Ringwald dance.  Seeing the movie tonight in one of my favorite theaters with awesome friends totally made my year so far.

What else?
Obviously, seeing the Breakfast Club wasn't a new thing for me.  For a new thing, I went to Lucky's afterwards.  Lucky's is a bar/pub/dive that I will not be revisiting.  The drinks there were stiff but the staff wasn't friendly and the atmosphere was practically hostile.  Oh well, there are plenty of bars to drink at and I'm sure that I'm not their ideal customer.

I also helped Ashes haul a busted-ass copy machine down from Autonomy.  It was a feat in that Autonomy has two flights of stairs leading up to it and no working elevator.  The copy machine was too heavy to pick up so we walked it down.  It's a hard job (but it was the most constructive thing I did all day).

No comments: