Thursday, January 20, 2011

surviving january

I don't have a picture for today.  My apologies.

I love my job but I will be so extremely happy when I get a promotion just because I won't have to hate January's as much as I do.  Timing each of my clients at each of the sales floor jobs that they do is very time consuming and something that weighs heavily on my until it's done.  However, today I made enough progress to where I can see the light at the end of this dark tunnel.

I started off my day in my store in Clackamas.  I also biked out there just to set my head straight.  I used my bungee cord net on the back of my bike to haul my work satchel for the first time.  I also somehow got off of the Springwater Corridor and ended up biking to from Johnson Creek to the Clackamas Town Center on the sidewalk along 82nd.  I need to be more solid in my route navigation so I don't have to do that again.

Despite my detour, I was able to get a crap-ton of timings done.  In fact, I got all of them done at my Clackamas store (no small feat) and was able to head to my Powell store and do a couple more there.  Hell, I even made it into the office and worked on my payroll for the last hour and a half.  I am a machine!  I talked to a co-worker who spent all day at a store and only got four timings done.  This is her first year though.  I guess experience does pay off.  Anyway, I'll be able to rest a lot easier now.  I'm almost through it!

No comments: