Tuesday, October 19, 2010

gogol bordello




This has definitely been a musical year for me as I have went to more shows than ever before.  There are some bands that I've seen that I appreciated more on CD, some that I had never heard of and some that fed off the energy of the crowd and spewed it back out at them.  Gogol Bordello falls in the latter category.

Jessica says that it was one of her top five favorite shows.  I don't know if it'd fall that high for me but it was in the top ten for sure.  If I had to put five top shows in no particular order, it would probably look like: Riot Cop in Bardejov 2006; Storm and the Balls at the Wonder Ballroom August 2007; Shonen Knife at Mississippi Studios in September 2010; Goldfrapp at the Crystal Ballroom May 2006; and Ani DiFranco at the Arlene Schnitzer Hall in 2002.  I might be forgetting one of two that have meant a lot to me.  However, these are the ones that come to mind right away.

Back to this show, the opening band, Forro in the Dark, was cool.  I wished that I was less hurty and could have enjoyed them more.  Gogol came out with 100% energy and didn't really pull back.  The singer Eugene came out in a blazer and tank top and quickly lost all of his upper clothing as he got all sweaty.  His two rabble-rousers, seen on his right in the second picture were fascinating to watch and kept the crowds energy high.  It was an awesome show and one I am so glad I didn't miss.  I'm fortunate enough to have awesome friends who get me out to do these things!

No comments: