Friday, September 10, 2010

少年ナイフ!

I owe Jessica a lot for introducing me to Shonen Knife.  I went to see her at Mississippi Studios tonight as she has a pass for Musicfest NW and was going to the show.  I had no idea who was playing but I decided at the last minute that I didn't need to spend a Friday night at home.  I also wanted to take my bike for a significant ride and Mississippi counts as such.

Now, if I would've done my homework this morning when she sent me the list of bands that were playing tonight, I would have gone without hesitating.  Still, I made it there and I had a blast.  Shonen Knife was fun, rocking, had matching outfits and sang songs about tasty snacks and cute animals!  They played to the crowd a lot.  Basically, they were everything I want in a show except for shirtless male dancers. :)

It was my first time at Mississippi Studios and I love the layout.  It's very Bronze (not the metal but the fictitious hangout from Buffy).  It wasn't packed but there was just enough people there to show Shonen Knife the appreciation they deserve but not too much so that it made it uncomfortable.  Due to the exhilaration of this show, I will probably give other Musicfest shows a chance.

No comments: