Friday, August 17, 2007

lady-like?


Tonight, I went to see Storm & the Balls play at the Wonder Ballroom. I'm attracted to guys but there is nothing quite like a strong woman. Storm exudes so much force and energy, it was difficult not to fall at her feet. I don't know if I've ever seen someone with so much stage presence. And damn is she beautiful. If Eliza Dusku was 6'2" and blonde, she'd look like Storm. And I think Eliza is amazing so that's saying something.

The band Kleveland opened for Storm. They were okay but I'm glad they weren't the band I came to see. They kind of reminded me of the band off 'Better Off Dead.' The singer even had a fan blowing in her face so her hair was all flowing. When I was watching them, I was still complaining to Ashes about how much I had to spend on the tickets. But Storm & the Balls were worth the price and so much more.

Victory has Storm's song "What the fuck is lady-like?" as her cell phone ring. I'd heard a little of Storm but I wasn't convinced that they were great or anything but seeing her live was completely different. The drummer was fair, the keyboardist was amazing, the bassist was sexy like Wolverine but Storm's voice was amazing and her guest background vocalist Nicki had a sweet subtle sexy sound and Storm played really well off of her. And, to top it all off, as the last song of their set before the encore, they covered, "Where is My Mind?" and almost made me melt.

Afterwards, four of us hung out with Agni who handles their myspace page and her two friends who were fucking amazing funny. Love lesbians! Nicki came out and hung out with us and we all joked around until we closed down the bar. Awesome night.

No comments: