Friday, October 15, 2010

self-fulfilling sick day prophecy

My allergies have stuck around later than they normally do this year.  I stopped taking my medicine earlier this month and then began to feel sick.  I figured allergy season was over and the residents at my internship have been passing around a bug so I guessed that it was my turn now.  I called in sick last night and as soon as I did, I realized my eyes itched which means allergies.  Oh well, I already called in and I still felt like ass, whether or not I had an actual cold.

I still went to the gym because it wasn't a full-body aches sickness.  I did some squats early in the day before I was properly limbered up and I don't think I did them correctly anyway.  Well, they messed up my back and now it hurts to move my neck.  So I have the allergies simulating a head cold and I had the gym injury to account for body aches.  Even if I'm not actually sick, I don't think anyone would believe me.

What else?
I tried Tiger Balm for the 1st time.  It's got this hot/cold penetrating feel about it.  I hope it and the hot pad help my neck.

No comments: