Friday, October 8, 2010

downtime downtown

I always see people meandering downtown, lackadaisically shopping or taking superlong lunches and I think, "Don't these people have jobs?  How do they have the time just to wander about down here?"  Now I know.  They're all interns.

I had so much free time today between appointments that my supervisor arranged for me that I got bored and a bit pissed.  During the morning, I had an hour break so I headed to Sip N Kranz for a quick coffee and bagel.  However, I found that they had been replaced by Cloud Nine, an identical coffee shop sans the high-back wicker chairs.  After returning to work for an hour and a half meeting, I got another hour break so I headed to Little Big Burger where only two-thirds of the name is accurate.  I've never been to a White Castle and Harold and Kumar (and one episode of Veronica Mars) is my only reference point for the place but I'm guessing these are White Castle style burgers.  I won't say sliders though because I think that's a gross term for anything I'm going to put in my mouth.

Anyhow, I do love downtown so I managed to take all of my breaks without getting too upset.  It's a hard knock life for this intern.  I am hoping that I will eventually be more challenged though.  I think a lot of that is going to come from redirection though.

No comments: