Tuesday, August 31, 2010

very wet at vampire weekend

I don't do big music shows very often.  I can't afford Madonna tickets and the Smashing Pumpkins aren't together anymore so I don't really care that badly.  However, I've grown fond of Vampire Weekend and a few of my friends were going so I went along.

It was a fun adventure.  Sophia and I took the MAX and bus all the way out to Troutdale to McMenamins' Edgefield.  The Dum Dum Girls and Beachouse opened up for Vampire Weekend.  I really enjoyed the show but I think I would have enjoyed it more if it didn't rain the whole time.

It hasn't rained long and hard in months but the day I decide to go to a show, it rains a lot.  It rained so hard that my rain jacket stopped working.  I was ready for the show to end before the encore just cause I was soaked and cold.  It was an adventure though.

What else?
I didn't drink at the show but I had a margarita and a bag of chips at Chipoltes.  It was my first Chipolte's experience, despite my brother's consistent recommendation of the place.

No comments: