Thursday, October 28, 2010

doomsayer

Earlier today, my friend Jesse twittered out an article with a warning, stating gives you another theory as to how the world will end...soon.  I knew better than to click it.  I have a tendency to become depressed and dwell on these things.  However, curiosity got the best of me and I read it.  I'd pass on the same warning that Jesse did but I think I recovered from it quickly.  To sum it up, the article talks about how the events of the BP oil spill and other horrendous acts that BP has committed will bring upon the next mass extinction event.  While Arturo has talked about the impending mass extinction event, this article gave a much more updated timeline; six months.

Yikes, that's not a lot of time.  So instantly I think, "Should I quit school and go travel?"  "Do I really want to spend the last six months on earth doing this?"  I never really considered maybe building up a supply of food and water to sustain me through this mass extinction.  The air won't be breathable.  Living conditions will be horrendous.  Our current society panics when Facebook won't open.  I really don't think that we as humans will be in the 6% of life that is hypothesized to survive this mass extinction.  I guess I don't have that big of a problem with dying if everyone else is going to die too.  Creepy to think about but it's keeping me from going off of the deep end.

What else?
On the lighter side of it all, I went to the Los Gorditos food cart today.  It's not as close as the restaurant is to my work but it was more convenient at the time.  It was good but nothing spectacular.

I also went to Scott Pilgrim again and went out to Beulaland again.  It put me out late for a work night but, hey, there may only be six months left.  I can sleep when I'm part of the massively extinct.  I also met a clinical therapist at the bus stop while waiting for the 75 after the movie.  He just got done with work so I didn't want to bother him with my current issues right now but maybe it's something I may consider.

No comments: