Wednesday, October 6, 2010

all the new faces

School does nothing if not shake me out of my rut and routine.  I should be updating my blog more frequently but it's usually just a matter of meeting new people (through class or through the internship).  Today, I met the associate executive director of my internship program.  It was nice.  He also got his masters in social work, as many other people at the program have.  I also got the chance to hang out with a staff member at the transitional housing that I haven't worked with before.

However, as much as I liked meeting new acquaintances, I particularly enjoyed seeing some older faces today as well.  Directly after my internship, I headed to PSU for a meeting and then to a gathering of returning MSW students.  I got to see and talk with a lot of former classmates that I haven't seen since spring.  It's comforting to know that I'm getting to make and retain acquaintances through school.

No comments: