Saturday, October 23, 2010

punch em in the d*&k



I heard this song about a year ago and I thought it was pretty funny but I didn't think much more of the artist.  Tonight, I was fortunate enough to see his whole show and I was kind of blown away.  Juicy Karkass has a good stage presence but what really go to me was his lyrics which bordered on heavy at times.  He prefaced one of his songs with saying it was his one serious song of the evening and he wasn't lying.  It was a song about seeing violence happen against women and not knowing what to do in the situation.  It was brutally honest and well done.  Eminem is no longer singing about killing his baby mama and stuffing her in the trunk but he's moved onto tying his lover to the bed and setting the house on fire if she tries to leave.  When the mainstream is littered with shit like that, a supportive act like Juicy Karkass is even more appreciated.

It wasn't just him either tonight.  The show at Autonomy which I worked was a release party for Coin in the Coffer's new 7".  The banjo player for the band is a friend and neighbor.  It was a fun good show which was attended by good people who enjoyed themselves and supported a good organization (Indymedia) in the meantime.  All together, it makes for a great way to spend a Saturday night.

What else?
I got stupid today in three dimensions as I sat through Jackass 3D.  However, that isn't meant that I didn't laugh my ass off.  The beehive tetherball was kind of fucked up to the bees but it was damn funny to see the dumbasses get stung a lot.  Before the show, Justin, Sophia and I went to the Doug Fir for lunch which was a 1st for me too.

No comments: