Monday, October 25, 2010

little. yellow. different. better.

I visited a new friendly 'I can't do anything for you' doctor today again.  Western medicine is so beyond repair that I really don't know why I bother.  Okay, that's a lie.  Yes I do.  It's for the pain relievers.  I was prescribed a new drug today for a muscle relaxer to help me sleep through my aching rib.  Bravo to Kaiser for moving beyond the Vicodin.  It's definitely relaxing.  However, I would like my medical professionals to occasionally fix something. 

When I went there for my broken toe, they said they couldn't do anything.  When I went there for my heart burn, they told me to go over-the-counter which didn't work.  When I went there for my rib (this is the second time in a few years), they said, "Well, we could x-ray it to see if it's really broken but we'll do the same treatment anyway which is NOTHING."

I was also looking for a referral to a chiropractor as everyone has been trying to talk me into seeing one.  I don't want to pay a lot though and I want my insurance to actually do something.  However, the doc said that she wouldn't refer me for a rib injury.  Damn, I should've went when my neck hurt.

No comments: