Friday, July 30, 2010

another night at autonomy

This place looks amazing.  Tonight I worked the door at a show there and saw three new bands.  It was fun, a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  I really enjoy the space.  It has a great vibe and a very comfortable political setting, moreso than other places I've went to that espouse to be queer friendly.  One of the bands, The Black Hankies was just what I would look for in a band to play at Autonomy.  They had such awesome politics.  I put some videos up here and here.  I really hope they all come back.

I hung out for a lot longer than I usually do and really enjoyed it.  There's a bunch of cushions set up in the corner that make for a great sleeping area.  I put on my Goldfrapp Pandora station and chilled out.  It was so nice.  I think my housemates have done a fabulous job on the place and I'm excited about its prospects.

No comments: