Friday, July 2, 2010

laser tag

Today I fulfilled a life-long goal of playing Laser Tag in an arena.  When I was a kid, my parents bought us generic laser tag guns which were fun but not the same as the real thing in an arena.  I remember the Laser Tag frenzy in the mid eighties along with the Laser Tag cartoon (which probably lasted as long as the Rubix Cube cartoon).

It was part one of Raven's 12th birthday party tonight.  Four of us joined him at the Ultrazone tonight in Milwaukee.  It was great.  There were a few other adults there but mostly it was teenagers.  Sophia, Ashes and I held our own though.  We made plans before our game started and worked on strategy together.  We took turns taking out the bases of other teams while the other two guarding them.  We defended a upper landing well and targeted these teen boys who wore headbands and had war crys.

Overall it was a great way to spend the first day of my vacation.  Below is a pic of the sign advertising the Ultrazone.  If the image was different, it could be an ad for...something else.

What else?
I GOT MY DROID!  The pics above are from my droid.  I love it.  I've got to spend some more time with it but tonight was dedicated to hunting people with my friends.

No comments: