Friday, July 9, 2010

my fair routine

Today, the familiarity of the functions of the Fair allowed me to access as many acts as possible.  My morning routine consists of me walking into the fair from camp, hitting the Ritz, grabbing coffee on my walk back to camp, adding a splash of amaretto, making an awesome egg sandwich and going back into the fair to 'work' at our booth for two hours.  I put work in quotation marks because, compared with work outside of the fair, this is easy and joyful.

I love Community Village.  The above pic is part of the opening ceremony where we honor those who have passed since last fair by placing a piece of paper with the their name on it on this little tree.  However, it's not just Community Village work at Fair which is enjoyable.  Half of our camp does security work and I've heard that they love it too.

I did some security work today too just because Friday night is hard at the gate where most of our camp is stationed.  There's a fire show outside of the gate which attempts to draw people out of the fair at closing time.  However, when the show is over, the gate is swarmed with day-pass people trying to get back in for the nighttime festivities.  I helped out tonight and so did several other workers who weren't on shift right then.  I heard from a lot of the security regulars that it was one of the best Friday night Fair security experiences they've ever had.  It's nice when Fair family can help out.  I think I'll add this Friday security gig into my regular fair routine.

What else?
I saw many new acts today!  However, the one that blew me away was the last picture, NANDA.

No comments: