Saturday, July 3, 2010

this is the droid i've been looking for

I have given Verizon its share of hell over the past eight years but it's been a reciprocal relationship.  Having put up with a phone that dies after 5 minutes of talking, a combined 30 minutes of texting or one web search if not actively being charged at the time for a month has justified every complaint I have lodged with the company.  However, today I was able to forgive all trespasses as I was given a new toy.

Yesterday was filled with shooting teenagers with lasers so I didn't get much time to play with the droid incredible upon delivery.  Today, I put in some quality time with it.  It is incredible, especially when held up side by side with the blackberry, may it rust in peace.  I even used it to control the computer via VLC remote.  Brilliant!

The one downside to the phone today was I wasn't able to transfer over my contacts yet.  I went to the Verizon store near Pioneer Place Square and had one of their people try to do it.  They had to reactivate the blackberry as my primary phone so they could install some software onto it which would sync my contacts.  However, the phone died in the process.  Now it won't start again for 18 hours.  Oh well, I still have an active phone.  I re-activated my droid and am using it today without my contact list.  I'll try again tomorrow.  However, I didn't get upset at the sales rep person for their faulty equipment and inability to help me.  I was in good enough of a mood to accept that it might not all work today.  Plus there was a lady giving another sales rep hell right next to me.  I've given this same rep hell before but, after hearing why the lady was complaining from her own yelling mouth, I really felt sorry for the guy because Comcast screwed her over, sent her to Verizon.  Now this guy was working extra hard to fix this lady's mistake and she was being really rude.  So, even though they didn't fix my problem, I told them how much I appreciated them trying and was relatively sincere.  Eh, I got a working phone.  I'm happy.

What else?
My new thing today was going to Thatchers, a bar next to the Academy Theater after seeing MacGruber with Jen and Donald.  I haven't seen a SNL movie in the theater since Wayne's World 2.  I don't plan to see one again unless I'm in the mood for tasteless, sophomoric and homophobic humor.

No comments: