Thursday, July 29, 2010

bertie lou's

It was a good blog day today.  I needed to go to someplace new so I checked out Bertie Lou's in deep south Portland, just off the Springwater Corridor.  After a great bike ride to Clackamas and back, I went looking in Sellwood for a place to eat and found Bertie Lou's.  It was an awesome breakfast place with a lot of different options, some vegetarian, none vegan.  It was the character of the place that really appealed to me though.  It was a nice diner place where I sat at the counter and the owner of the place was running the cash register.  I had the Eggplant Benedict and got a 10% discount for riding my bike there.

Honestly, if it wasn't for my blog, I probably would have eaten at some place familiar.  Yay for new things, places and awesome breakfast diners.

No comments: