Thursday, July 22, 2010

one ton tool

I have never gotten car envy.  I've become envious of bikes, jeans, shoes, skirts, arms, tattooes and maybe the occasional scooter but I've never looked at a car and really thought, "Damn, that person has a sweet ride."  I've run my last few cars into the ground to where I got rid of them shortly before they've died out of me.  My latest car still works, although it's been sitting in the driveway for a while now, uninsured.  Not too long ago, Ashes insured it to compensate for his car's malfunctions.

While some people would not want two doors strapped to the roof of their luxury vehicle but I don't care.  That's what a car is for.  It's not art.  It's not a status symbol.  It's a one ton machine, capable of moving heavy items or hauling a lot of people around.  And it has the potential to do mass destruction to the environment, pedestrians and cyclists, which is why it stays at home most of the time.

It can haul doors though.  We went slow but steady and there was no damage to the car, not that it matters really.  That's what it's for.

What else?
Awesome lunch today.  Sophia and I split an Italian sandwich and a chicken salad sandwich from DC Veg while sitting in the grass on the waterfront.  All lunches should be like that.

Ashes paid for the doors ($159) almost all in ones.  He gave the clerk one five.

No comments: