Sunday, June 27, 2010

getting greasy

There is some bizarre vortex in the Eugene area which opposes vehicles from our house.  Today, it zapped our car when we were coming back from our second OCF work-party day.  We pulled over in Eugene at the Fred Meyer, went to leave and the starter wouldn't stop firing.

After a bit, Ashes figured out what we needed to do and came back to Victory and me all motivational, saying this was going to be a group effort.  I ended up jacking up the car, crawling underneath and unscrewing a bolt from the starter.  This shouldn't be hard but Ashes' car's starter is very difficult to get to.  We did some more work and I emerged absolutely covered in grease.  My old roomie Brian used to work in Wal-Mart's Tire Lube Express and always complained about how dirty he would get.  Today was the first time I was truly able to sympathize with his level of dirtiness.

After all of the working underneath it, it finally stopped firing...for a minute.  Ashes then pulled over, popped the hood, grabbed a crowbar and hit the thing, knocking the pin back in place so it finally stopped.  I guess a success is a success.  I complain but it was actually fun since it resulted in the thing eventually working.

No comments: