Wednesday, September 12, 2007

workin overtime


Even when I was salaried, I hardly EVER took my work home with me. Okay, maybe emotionally I brought it home with me (which was why I hated my job) but I never brought physical paperwork home to do. I just don’t care that much.

However, I like my job now so I tend to want to excel. I don’t want a promotion. I just want things done well. Today, I brought my work home. While this isn’t a completely foreign concept to me, what I did with the work was. For the first time, I made a goal sheet for myself, similar to the ones we use for participants, which stated some fictional and some actual goals for myself. Then I wrote a month’s worth of fictional case notes which documented behavioral problems I fictionally had. It was fun because I got to say that I hit someone at work that I kind of want to hit sometimes. It was a good exercise in creativity for me. I need to do more of that, not bringing work home but creative writing.

Sorry the pic is bad but paperwork isn’t photogenic.

No comments: