Tuesday, September 11, 2007

the second opinion


Despite my anti-capitalist beliefs, I like to shop around. I believe in not settling, especially when I'm spending money. Beggars shouldn't be choosers but consumers shouldn't compromise, especially when it comes to your eyes.

I went to the Lasik Plus facility for the first time today to see what they had to say about my eyes and boy was it the right idea! They told me that I wouldn't have to have the PRK thing. They said I was borderline but they didn't see PRK as being necessary unless my prescription got worse before surgery. They also said that it would only be $1399 per eye. I can't believe I just put "only" before "$1399" but it's a whole paycheck better than "$1699 per eye." The best news was they said that it would be okay for me to do it before Europe. So, I followed my original game plan and made the appointment for this Friday. Eeeek! It's happening SO fast now!!!

No comments: