Saturday, September 8, 2007

mad eye

I am pissed.

I just got back from my laser-eye exam/consultation. I went through an array of tests which were all new to me plus I had my eyes dialated which is all very uncomfortable. I was told by the nurse that I have a stigmatism in my right eye which I was unaware of and then came the bad news. The half-ass doctor (not the real doctor) told me that the real doctor would probably recommend that I get this more extensive surgery called PRK. He said this because the vision is worse in my left eye and my cornea is borderline too thin for regular surgery. The bottom line is that the recovery time is greater for PRK and they all basically said that I couldn't have the surgery before I go to Europe.

Fuck.

Then there's the price. The low end is $1699 PER EYE!!! The high is $1899! I was hoping this would be cheap and easy and it's turning out to be expensive and terribly complicated. I hate my eyes!

3 comments:

Lynnett said...

I love your eyes.

Anonymous said...

I feel like they do the "bait & switch" to 95% of the folks who go to get laser eye surgery, so I guess you can rest at night knowing that you aren't the only one who's getting screwed. Don't hate yr eyes, though! They ARE beautiful! Plus, they can't possibly be worse than mine ... -8 and -8.5, respectively, and still getting worse!

Sarah said...

You have great eyes Chris. Hate the man!