Tuesday, September 18, 2007

feeling poetic

The day waned in a blue-grey haze, suppressing my energy and numbing my senses. I resigned myself to avoiding it all. My disillusioned heart and empty wallet became the wardens in my self-imposed prison. From my window, the world has lost its heart. A beckon from a kind soul calls me out of my solitude. I grab my bicycle and trudge out of the back gate with my head lowered.

Stepping out into the road, I look up to the west and see the final struggle of sunlight for the day. Its vibrancy penetrates over the West Hills and the evening light shines from my brow to the bridge of my nose. I stand on my bike and I can see more. I pedal towards the flames beyond the cloud cover with rejuvenation. I find a familiar coffee shop on a new night where I can listen to old friends and new acquaintances sing their follies and their heartaches and I revel in the heart of it all.

No comments: