Monday, September 10, 2007

i am's jack's lumber


I would like to say that I exercise regularly. That may be an exaggeration but I at least THINK about going to the gym every other day. However, some good manual labor can be so much more satisfying.


Today I chopped logs with an axe for the first time. I've used a hatchet before but I realized today that an axe is totally different. You gotta swing and I'm not just talking about the axe either. You gotta move your hips. Ashes showed me how to do it and I was reminded of my dad showing me how to swing a golf club. There's more to it than brute force.

I also met my neighbor Greg for the first time. I had seen him several times before but he came over and talked to us while we were chopping away and introduced himself to me. He also wanted to chop some wood. I was reminded of Fight Club because, well, everything reminds me of Fight Club but specifically he came over and asked, "Can I be next?" We're guys who spend our day on the computer or in offices just longing for some primordial behavior.

Speaking of Fight Club, check out this link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXqWUKYgLXg

No comments: