Sunday, September 16, 2007

on my own


I'm a very solitary individual. I am comfortable being by myself. I spent most of today alone which is odd for me on a day when my three roommates didn't leave town. They were just busy elsewhere. I like doing the 'family weekend' thing and usually look forward to it but it doesn't always happen. Yet I found that I didn't need to go seek out someone to hang out with this time. I simply went with the solitude.

If it wasn't for time on my own, I wouldn't get to dance around by myself in the living room to the stereo turned up too high. I love doing that. It allows me to positively let off so much built-up steam. I like dancing at Embers with a crowd of people too but this is different. I don't have anybody to worry about or consider. It's just me dancing with my dog looking at me from the couch with his eyebrows taking turn raising.

However, that is hardly a new thing for me. My new thing was doing my chi-kung stance for a period of time on my own. Unlike dancing, chi-kung is a whole lot easier with other people. I found that I lacked the motivation to keep it up for as long as we normally do in class. I guess that's something I can work towards. Maybe I'll get to a point where I enjoy doing that on my own as well.

3 comments:

Lynnett said...

I dance in the bathroom while getting ready! Hey-ay!!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Do you dance in your boxers?
Sorry about the deleted comment above. It was too naughty.