Wednesday, September 26, 2007

i go around around around around

I am directionally-challenged. I get lost very easily. Usually I enjoy getting lost so it’s not a big deal but that’s not always the case. Today, I had a follow-up appointment at the laser eye clinic in Tigard. I have been driving the car out to the place but today I decided to scooter which meant I had to find an alternate route not involving an interstate. I took Highway 10 to Terwilliger to Boones Ferry Road which is absolutely gorgeous. It was a perfect scooter ride, all except for initially getting there.

I knew I was supposed to get to Highway 10 off the Ross Island Bridge but I didn’t know that you keep going straight off the bridge in order to get on 10. I took a right turn, realized what I did and then went in circles for about 15 minutes trying to get back on 10. It reminded me of when I first moved to Portland. I would get stuck on these one-way roads and end up going WAY out of my way with no way to return. I think that was one of the primary reasons I started taking the bus and later started biking. Driving and getting lost can be SO frustrating.

When I finally found my way, it was a great ride. I think I would take the route again just for the enjoyment of it all, especially since I know where I’m going now!

Also, there was a large full moon tonight which proved the ineffectiveness of my camera but my batteries died on my ride so I couldn't take a picture of my new favorite route.

1 comment:

Lynnett said...

Hey, I blogged about the moon today too! Awkward...