Thursday, June 30, 2011

wheels darling muffin

Sophia and I have discussed the possibility of raising kids (not really too seriously) if she ever accidentally has a baby (which will never happen). It comes from my preference for babies. I love em. However, I also love not being ultimately responsible for them and being able to pass them off to their parents after I grow weary of them. I don't think I'm quite ready for fatherhood yet so, instead of a human baby, we had a kombucha baby that I named "Wheels" after the United States of Tara and Sophia added "Darling-Muffin as the surnames.

Wheels is a kombucha mushroom which we put in a tea jar with some sugar and tea packets and some other stuff and let ferment for a while.  In a few weeks, if even that long, we had some kombucha. It's pretty good and it's nice that it can be made so simply at home. Wheels is also spawning another child from it so we're going to be able to bottle another kombucha baby. I got to try some of our homebrew kombucha for the first time today and I must say that we did a fine job of raising our baby.

What else?
Another indicator that I may not quite be ready for parenthood occurred when I was at Freddie's today, buying another tea jar. I was swinging it slightly as I walked up to the counter. The lid unscrewed and the jar went flying and crashed to the ground in a spectacular manner. I hate wasting things and breaking things unnecessarily but that was pretty cool.

No comments: