Sunday, June 12, 2011

getting to know my laundry

My laundry has gone from being a mundane task to something slightly fascinating, interactive and horrifying.

In my new place, the laundry pipe in the back doesn't drain properly.  Therefore, you have to babysit the laundry.  Yesterday, I got trained in how to do the laundry so today I did it on my own.  Since the pipe doesn't drain, you have to leave the lid open on the washing machine.  When it goes for the spin cycle, you take the tube from the back of the machine and put it in the bathtub and close the lid.  Gross water spews out quickly for a few minutes.  When it's done, you have to open the lid back up and it goes through the rinse cycle.  Again, you have to put the tube in the tub during the spin cycle, close the lid and let the slightly less gross water spew out.  Dean threw up a little bit on my quilt this morning so I had to wash the quilt.  Dean is no longer allowed to lay on the quilt since I believe he is primarily responsible for the wash water looking as dirty as it does in the above picture.

Right now, it's a fascinating process but I feel that I may grow tired of it before too long and I'll probably just advocate for the pipe to get cleaned out so laundry can again become a boring task.

What else?
I went to case manager Dave's house today from my internship.  His last day of work was this past Friday.  It was nice to see everyone again but it's also sad to hear that people aren't exactly happy with the way things are being run there right now.

No comments: