Tuesday, June 14, 2011

stationed on belmont

Belmont Station near my house has a large selection of good and different beers.  I have already been there a few times since moving in but today I decided to grab some food there for the first time.  The food was okay but I have other better options close by so I probably won't be coming back for food.  However, I will be coming back for drinks, especially when they have generous free samplings like they did today.  I really only had to buy one beer and I had enough to equal another beer just in samples.


What else?
I also went there because I was looking for a nice quiet place to read.  For my summer reading, I'm going to start with Kicked Out, an anthology on homeless LGBTQ youth.  So far, I find it fascinating and I'm glad it's a resource that's out there.

I'm hurting right now.  At first, I believed that it was just pain in my abs from my inverted sit-ups that I did at the gym on Sunday but it seems to be getting worse.  It feels like a sunburn but there is no mark on my body.  I called Kaiser for an appointment but they said it's most likely some bug or some remnant of cold that I had a few weeks ago.  They are most unhelpful.

No comments: