Sunday, June 26, 2011

let life move me

Today was our annual fair work party day.  Victory is going to be doing the booth with me this year instead of Ashes.  When we got to Community Village today, she walked in with her tool belt and was immediately put to work building stuff.  I did odd jobs here and there to help out.  I never feel like I get much work done at these things.  It's usually in the days right before the fair when I work more.  That's how I'm justifying not coming down yesterday.  It's also a waste of gas.

Anyway, it was a fun excursion and I love seeing everyone come together again.  While Victory was working, a mother had a slight break-down in the village because her son had walked away from the child care group.  Ashes and I and many other people all went around the fair looking for the child who was on his way back to the village already before I even got to the Lost and Found.  If your kid is going to wander, the fair (before opening) is a good place to do it.  There's just a whole lot of good people around and about who have the best interest of their fellow man and the environment in their hearts.

The pic above was from last year's fair, BTW.

No comments: