Tuesday, June 7, 2011

first class evening

X-Men: 1st Class has been nagging me since last Friday.  I've known I was going to see it in the theater since I'm such a fanboy so I haven't been able to think about much else.  I've been checking the times and cursing myself whenever I see that I've missed a showing.  Tonight, I cut my normal Tuesday plans short.  I was already up in Northeast Portland so I decided to bike to the Roseway Theater on 72nd and Sandy.  It's the first time I've biked up there but it wasn't such a long ride since I've moved considerably further north.

The movie was awesome!  I think that I enjoyed the second X-Men better just because the director Bryan Singer is awesome and the movie was thick with gay allegory.  However, First Class had a fantastic love story between Professor X and Magneto that was written just between the lines.  It was also well-acted and just fun to watch.

What else?
In biking home, I pretty much just aimed south or east and meandered home on the bike.  I biked some roads, including 57th, that I haven't taken before

No comments: