Tuesday, June 21, 2011

sweetest sorrow

I love a good cry so Six Feet Under was just up my alley.  Normally, a show has to involve a teenager coming out or a dog returning to their owner or an Iron Giant blowing up to get my waterworks going but a sweet, sad song at the end of a show will work too.  Six Feet Under is not my type of show but I regularly check Billie Doux's website and it's a show she reviewed so I thought I'd give it a chance.  I started watching it a year or two ago and then I kind of just dropped it.  I should have stuck with it though because that was some awesome story-telling and acting and rare musical numbers (as shown above) and the best series finale I have ever seen.  I cried for about six minutes straight or at least until Jennifer showed up to drop off my car.  I'm not ashamed to say I was crying because of this show though because it was well worth it.

It's also been very symbolic of the state that I've been in lately.  I've been very down.  Even though I'm getting out of the house, I'm still not seeing my friends or having any fun.  However, viewing this show leads you to believe a few things; it could be worse, celebrate the time you have, and every relationship, whether it's through family, friends, school, work, random hookups, etc, all matter.  Plus this show has a lot of dark humor and it's a little depressing so it's nice to finish it up.  It is summer after all and I'm getting healed up (although still taking tomorrow off too) so I am about through with depressing.

What else?
Straight from New York Pizza moved into the Belmont and 34th area this weekend and today was my first visit there.  I was very happy with the food and the staff was also very friendly.  Plus, it was just a quick walk from my house.  Zach's now has competition for my attention and my late cravings.

No comments: