Sunday, June 5, 2011

in the neighborhood

Laurelhurst Cafe (which is such a would-be common name that I'm shocked it wasn't taken) is a charming little place near my new house.  It's been several different restaurants in my nine years in Portland but this is probably it's best incarnation and hopefully it's last for quite a while.  Jesse, Sophia and I went there for some drinks and panini sandwiches.  They have a long happy hour so I can definitely see myself going back.  Plus, the sandwiches and fries were really good and I got a free cookie!  Hell yeah.

What else?
I got my office/man-cave/Dean's room set up today.  I really love it and I have a lot of storage space for my crap.  I also moved Dean in so I'm officially here.  While I am sad to leave the Long Haus, I'm excited to be settled.

I lost my wallet last night biking back from my date.  This morning, I couldn't find it and I checked the last place I used it and the place I was after that and nobody has seen it.  It has a lot of pieces of ID in it, an ATM card and a credit card in it (both of which I've canceled).  I haven't lost completely lost a whole wallet ever before so it's a little overwhelming to think of all that I have just lost.  I still hold out hope that someone will find it and drop it in my old house's mailbox or see all my business cards in it and bring it to work.  I doubt it but it would make things a lot easier.

On the lighter side of things, Ashes and I were driving my car back to Long Haus today (since I'm no longer a legal driver without my license) and we saw a young guy walking around shirtless that goes to our gym.  This kid is super-fit.  The definition of his abs was what first caught both of us by surprise.  Then we realized who he was.  Then we were both jealous.  Then we bought some RC sodas and thought about apologizing to everyone who ever had to listen to each of us during our younger days when we complained about not being able to gain weight. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Thanks for the publicity. We need all we can get.
Come on back to the cafe and we'll drop a snickerdoodle on you.

Ken and Greg at the Laurelhurst Cafe