Saturday, June 25, 2011

multnomah county bike fair

This has been an odd summer so far. For the last two years since I've been going to the Oregon Country Fair, I've missed the Multnomah County Bike Fair because it's on the same Saturday as our OCF work party but it's usually fine because I typically participate in enough Pedalpalooza rides that I don't need to go to the bike fair.  This year, scheduling conflicts prevented us from going down for Saturday's work party so I got to go to the bike fair instead.  It felt right that I should go since sickness prevented me from going on hardly any pedalpalooza rides.  I can't say that the fair makes up for missing all of those rides but it was still nice to attend.

What else?
Jessica and I hit the No Fest in St Johns today in North Portland.  It's a nice neighborhood and I went to plenty of new shops there.  We also both hit the Cathedral Park Kitchen for the first time which was nice although very new.  They have a porch which has a gorgeous view of the St John's Bridge.  After brunch, we shopped around a bit and I bought dog shoes!  He hates them worse than his socks but they stay on better.
I also found the time to hit a potluck at a former classmate's house.  We were in my favorite group project from first year that we did so well on.  It was great to see a bunch of my former classmates again and one of my favorite teachers as well.  I got to meet some new people too and just had a nice relaxing time.  Upon one of the new people's recommendation, I found myself at Powell's bookstore on Hawthorne at 10:30pm on a Saturday night, buying Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.  So far, I love it!

No comments: