Saturday, December 11, 2010

where the day takes you

While I think I've been better about getting out and about lately, I recognize that I typically fall back on my housemates for social plans.  However, they went to the beach for the night so I was on my own.  Knowing I would be by myself, I decided to make just enough plans to get me out of the house and I left the day open after that.

I started out at New Deal Distillery which is scary close to my work.  They were giving out samples of whiskey, gin, chocolate, coffee and cheese.  Um, yes please!

We spent the afternoon at the Night Light and headed up to the Belmont Food carts for dinner.  I tried Kitchen Dances for the first time.  We actually split two dishes from there and a margarita pizza from the nearby pizza cart.  All of it was awesome.  The night ended with a bunch of us playing Scategories and Apples to Apples.  I was glad that I just let go and let the day progress as it did.

No comments: