Friday, December 31, 2010

as clock approaches 11

I sang 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO last night and then froze and danced my ass off.  It was a chilly new years and we celebrated by pushing 2010 out of the door with style.  Smaller parties at people's houses are typically what I look for on New Years Eve but celebrating it at a karaoke bar and then a queer dance night were the right choice for tonight.

It was all part of Victory's birthday celebration.  We started out the night at Red and Black for dinner, headed to Galaxy to sing love songs (I sang Can't Help Falling in Love with You by UB40) and then we went up to Saratoga (for the first time) for Airick's queer dance party.  I was just getting on the MAX train at the stroke of midnight with my best girl Sophia to head up to Saratoga.  That represented my year perfectly.  The entire evening, like the entire year, was a positive experience, not relying on one particular event to steal the moment. Does that make sense?  Anyway, Sophia and I biked back south after closing up the party.  My trip home was 9.5 miles back to my house.  It was a chilly and refreshing way to begin a new year.

No comments: