Sunday, December 26, 2010

grandma k's farm

Grandma K has lived on the same farm for as long as I can remember.  A few years ago, she moved into a retirement home and my uncle Tony bought the farm (literally not figuratively) and is now renting it to my aunt Vicki and her husband.  Since it's still in the family, we had a family gathering there today.

I haven't seen this side of the family in years.  Today, I talked to my cousin Scott more than I ever have before.  He's a dog person so we got on well.  My niece also got to ride her favorite horse, Snowflake and I got to give Oliver his new scarf.  We made it a quick trip since my dad wasn't feeling well but it was nice to see everyone for a bit.

What else?
My brother, sister-in-law, niece and I all played Bananagrams for the first time.  It was intense but I finally ended up winning a few rounds after taking several games to get used to it.

No comments: