Saturday, December 4, 2010

my kind of craft

Growing up, I was subject to more than my share of craft fairs.  My mom operated a home-based business where she and my best friend's mom appliqued sweatshirts.  They not only sold these out of their home but also at numerous craft fairs.  While I didn't love going, it still beat having to go to rodeos or sporting events so I went without too much complaining.  As I've grown, I've come to appreciate craft fairs so much more since I hate supporting big businesses.

Today, I went to Bike Craft.  The vendors here are pretty awesome and I could easily drop a whole lot of money.  (I'm doing a horrible job this season Christmas shopping as I keep returning home with presents to myself.)  I limited myself to an wristband from the Sprockettes and a red and gray biking cap.  I may come back for a black corduroy cap tomorrow.  I went to H&M a week or so ago, looking for a cap.  However, I couldn't bring myself to buy one because they had a whole rack full of two different colors and I saw numerous people wearing them in the store.  I need something a little more unique (although I'm pretty sure that each of my friends Martin and Tim own the same hat).  I guess it's just one more value that I can thank my mom for.

What else?
I'm tired of going to bars so I hosted a group of people over at the house tonight to watch Howl.  We watched the movie while the fire blazed, the wind roared and we sipped Pear Cinnamon Cider.  This is my winter pace. 

No comments: