Friday, December 17, 2010

drinking at the dragon

I had my 2nd staff appreciation get-together for the week today.  This was just a housing staff outing and, while the food and drinks weren't as good as Vindalho, I enjoyed the company more because it was people that I have been working directly with for the past three months.  Maybe I just don't know that all that well but there was nobody at this get-together that I don't enjoy talking to.  They're all great.  I can't say that about any other work environment that I've been in.

We went to the Green Dragon for a happy hour.  My supervisor bought the 1st round, the organization bought appetizers and a co-worker bought a round too.  It was a nice bar.  I don't think I'd make it a destination unless I lived near there.  It would be a good neighborhood bar.

Afterwards, we hugged it out.  That was nice.  These people are nice.  I don't go back in to the internship until the first week in January.  It's not that long but I'll miss it.

What else?
I was shown this video last night.  It's AWESOME (because it's true).  My favorite message in the video is that Portland is where young people go to retire.

I also had a great conversation with one of my clients at my work.  I've known this guy for six years and he's a favorite.  However, he's very highly suggestible and doesn't assert himself at all.  Today was one of the first times we've had a conversation about how he's actually feeling and not just how he thinks I want to hear he feels.  I thought of it as a breakthrough.

No comments: