Wednesday, December 29, 2010

red dawn

While I did have to get up at 3am my time, I love flying in the morning.  I love seeing the sky a warm color that Portland lets you forget about from October and you won't remember until June. 

My new thing today was waiting in the lobby of Kearney Municipal Airport.  When I checked in, the guy at the desk told me that the plane would be 30 minutes late so I could head to Casey's Convenience Store if I wanted to quick.  The lady who was the TSA security person for the airport had to open my bag because I had a slap-chop that Jackie gave me.  The ride only had fifteen people including the pilot and co-pilot this time.  I didn't get moved to the front but I sat in the exit "row" and it was the first time I actually felt some responsibility for sitting in this seat.

What else?
I didn't go into work today.  Ashes picked me up at the airport and promptly drove me to a house that a friend sent us info on.  It's less than $200,000 and is a five bedroom, two bath.  It looks kind of beat up but it may be worth looking into.

No comments: