Thursday, December 23, 2010

i give and i give

I gave away my cookies today to the two supervisors I have that watch my two stores' clients.  If it wasn't for them being so awesome and on top of it, I don't think that I could do this work/school/internship thing.  They're super and deserve a lot more than a plate of cookies but they did each seem to really appreciate them.  I'm one of the lucky case managers in that I've had the same people in the job for a year or so before I even took the job four years ago.  We have a great relationship in that I do a lot of their computer work and give them more time to work directly with the clients.  It works out great because I appreciate having everything done my way (because I'm doing it) and I completely trust them to do all of the day to day supervision tasks.  They are my salvation.  I feel bad that I've never given them any gift during any previous Christmas.  One of them usually gives me tamales (except for this year...odd) so I was glad to start a tradition of giving them cookies.

What else?
My boss's gift to all of us was to be able to go home at 2:30 and get paid til 4.  However, the last ATE client didn't get picked up until 2:40.  He took one step on the bus and stopped, put his hand down the back of his pants and I was like 'shit' (literally).  I could see it all happen from the window of my desk and I knew he had an accident.  I have been in the bathroom with this guy for hours before with bathroom accidents.  We did it quick though today, motivated by me wanting to get out of there and not have his ride leave him.

We tried a different pizza place today.  Rudy's on Powells started using Daiya on their vegan pizza for Victory and I split a vegan veggie-lovers pizza.  It was damn good.  I wanted to go to DC today to be a proper send off to 'Braska but finding a pizza delivery place that serves Daiya was an adequate substitute.

No comments: