Friday, December 24, 2010

right into the EAR

I've never been to Kearney Municipal Airport (EAR), despite the fact that I lived in Kearney for six years.  When looking at airfare this year, I figured I could save money if I flew out on Christmas Eve.  However, transportation from Omaha to Kearney takes at least three hours.  If I was going to fly in on Christmas Eve, I decided that I better make the trip as quick as possible and flew into Kearney which less than 15 miles away from Gibbon where my parents live.

It was the smallest commercial plane I've ever been on.  There was enough seating for 21 people.  There were four open seats so the co-pilot came back and rearranged the passengers to balance out the weight from the luggage in the back of the plane.  The guy next to me and I had to move forward to the very front of the plane.  It should have freaked me out that the plane was so small but it was pretty cool to sit right behind the cockpit.  Also, the extra leg room and the hum/vibration of the engines made for a very relaxing ride and an easy trip.  Plus, at the airport, I didn't get groped (but they did steal my toothpaste).

What else?
 And then there was the reason for the trip; my family.  My parents bought a new house earlier this year and this was my first time seeing it.  We did presents even though all of us weren't there (my brother doesn't get here until the 26th).  Marley, my youngest niece, got a robot dog which only has a few robotic movements but she loves him.  She instantly made up three or four theme songs for Buster the Dog.  It was adorable.

No comments: