Sunday, December 5, 2010

doing it myself

At BikeCraft yesterday, I went looking to make myself a more effective and weather-ready cyclist.  Even though I know they carry them at most stores, I was looking for a locally-made head-band-that-covers-the-ears thingy.  However, Sophia pointed me in the direction of ear cozies.  You slide them over the straps of your helmet and they cover your ears.  It was a very neat idea but I thought that the sizes looked too small and, for fifteen bucks, I could afford to take the time to make my own so I came up with the cozies pictured above.  I think I went a bit overboard with the back fur but it's too late now.  I might make some straight up black ones as well.  It was pretty easy.  I sat by the fire while we watched Six Feet Under episodes and hand sewed them.  It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

What else?
Raven got this marble game thing that was fun to play.  We played several games before it got old.  Again, a nice way to spend the day.

Also at BikeCraft, we got a list of power foods from a vendor.  Greens like kale and spinach were at the top of the list so I made myself a spinach, mushroom, onion and pepperjack cheese egg scramble today.  It was awesome.

No comments: